Mr. King

Mr. King

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mr. King's Profile

First grade is an adventure for students, teachers and parents.  In this class you will always be welcome, safe, and encouraged to share your thoughts!

I am currently a substitute teacher/tutor, but someday I hope to have a first grade class of my own.  I am currently attending National University to obtain my CA General Education Teaching Credential with a Master's in Education Technology.

How I got into teaching.  I graduated from UCLA in 2000, and started my career in Sports Marketing at DIRECTV.  After DIRECTV I worked for Disney and ESPN but was unfortunately laid off several times due to the rise and fall of the economy.  After having a difficult time finding a job I decided to try teaching!  I past the CBEST and began substituting in Hermosa Beach and at Chadwick School in Palos Verdes.

I always kind of knew teaching was in my blood, as my Wife, Mom and my in-laws are all educators! I made them all very happy deciding to become a teacher.  I have been subbing now for 3 years while I have been taking classes toward my credential.

I can't wait to do my student teaching and eventually have a class of my own!  Right now my days are filled teaching K-5th grade and by afternoon/evening I am a Father/Coach/Tutor/Husband and Student.  If you need to reach me or have any questions please email me at jdking1326@gmail.com.

I'm so excited to become a fabulous first grade teacher like my wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment